The Sudbury Program
Investing in quality of life issues in Sudbury, MA
The next Sudbury Program Grant application deadline is Monday, April 3, 2023. The application will be available by February 15, 2023.
The Foundation makes grants to Sudbury-based nonprofit organizations, the Town of Sudbury (and, through the Town, its boards, commissions and departments), the Sudbury Public Schools and Lincoln-Sudbury Regional High School. The Foundation will also consider applications from public and nonprofit organizations located outside of Sudbury for projects that substantially benefit Sudbury residents.
Youth Development and Opportunity
Objective: To help young people realize their full potential and become caring, concerned citizens
- Build leadership skills and provide leadership opportunities
- Encourage youth to get involved and to give back to the community (local, regional, national, world)
- Enhance academic enrichment, cultural and recreational programs and opportunities
- Support and strengthen activities that promote healthy behaviors
Preserving Community Character and Assets
Objective: To preserve the Town’s natural, historic and other community assets
- Historic Preservation:
Preserve the Town’s historic resources and landmarks, celebrate its storied history and enhance its natural character and charm
- Environmental Preservation:
Protect, restore and care for the Town’s air, land, water and habitats
Community Building/Town Betterment
Objective: To strengthen community resources and engender a greater sense of community
- Encourage participation in community events and civic affairs
- Create a climate of acceptance and tolerance in which diversity is embraced and respect is demonstrated to all people
- Nurture local philanthropy and volunteerism
- Support Town betterment projects, as appropriate
Objective: To support underserved citizens
- Strengthen assistance to underserved populations including seniors, low-income residents, and those facing physical, emotional health and other challenges.
The Trustees view collaboration among agencies with similar missions favorably and consider an applicant’s ability to secure alternate project financing. We welcome the opportunity to join with other funders in underwriting grant endeavors. Multi-year grant requests are accepted.
The Foundation does not make loans or grants to individuals. While we do not rule out requests for any particular type of assistance, we generally do not provide ongoing operating support, offset deficits, contribute to general appeals, purchase benefit tickets, fund efforts understood to be the responsibility of government or support religious activities.
Proposal Review Schedule
The Foundation Trustees meet four times a year to review proposals for the Sudbury Program.
Applying for a Sudbury Program Grant
Applicants are encouraged to discuss their needs with Foundation staff prior to submitting a full proposal. Telephone inquiries and concept papers are welcome.